Problem: Slips-and-Falls are the second-leading cause of injuries in Transportation
A majority of operator accidents occur at vehicle entry/exit points. Slippery steps cause serious accidents.
Solution: SAFEGUARD® Hi-Traction® Covers enhance vehicle safety, reduce liability exposure, and lower operating costs. Two ways to step up your safety:
- Specify a Hi-Traction Cover made to fit your surface
- Send us your parts (or engineered drawings) for Direct Gritting
Prevent falls from vehicles
Safeguard’s surface features a hard, sharp aggregate with anti-slip properties that far exceed OSHA and ADA standards.
A ‘Walkway Cover’ for any flat surface
Anti-Slip Covers in your choice of size, shape, color, base material, and more arrive ready to easily install.
Direct Gritting of vehicle steps
Highest quality, long lasting, anti-slip coating bonded to OEM or aftermarket parts. Maintains pass-through and functionality.
Diamond plate is not an effective anti-slip solution – water, oil, or mud makes a dangerously slick surface.
Delivery drivers dash up and down work truck steps in every type of weather. Superior anti-slip protection is a must.
Costs to Fleets:
- Typical Worker’s Comp claim for truck falls is upwards of $40,000
- Injury rate for trucking is 30% higher than other US industries
- One in nine truck driver injuries is the result of slip-and-fall
- Truck drivers have the second highest rate of non-fatal injuries
- One in thirteen trucking industry employees have Workers Comp claims resulting in lost work
- 84% of disabling injuries to drivers involved cab entry or exit