Anti-Slip Direct Gritting
When a cover isn’t practical, we offer our Hi-Traction® direct gritting anti-slip surface bonded directly to a supplied material. Alternatively, customers can provide engineered drawings for in-house fabrication. Either way, you end up with our great anti-slip surface integrated with your existing parts. Our direct gritting:
- Maintains form and function: Direct gritting keeps pass-through holes and other critical functionality
- Is a great option for OEMs: Deliver superior anti-slip safety in your products
- Controlled environment: Ensures the proper bond for durability
Direct gritting is ideal for OEM and aftermarket use in the following sectors:
- Transportation: Steps for work trucks, bus trim parts, and bus ramps
- Industrial: Metal stair treads, diamond plate, and ladder rungs
Key Product Features
Significant Cost Savings
- Eliminating the need to install anti-slip material
- Allowing you to stock fewer parts
- Reducing weight and fuel consumption
- Converting from diamond plate to flat steel
Cover Shape & Base Material
Safeguard will help you find the ideal direct gritting option to meet your needs, depending on your substrate and application. Options include:
- Super Coarse (Xtreme™)
- Extra Coarse (Heavy Duty)
- Coarse (Industrial)
- Fine (Commercial)
- Extra Fine (Residential)
- Super Fine (Barefoot)
Standard and Safety Colors
Color and markings can be used to attract attention, designate caution, and communicate safety information in a variety of industrial and safety applications.
Provide architects, facilities managers, and homeowners with additional contemporary color choices for safety applications. These designer colors fit the aesthetic requirements for anti-slip protection at schools, commercial offices, institutional buildings, and hotels.
In darkness or a power outage, these photoluminescent colors highlight the way.
Add Safety Markings and Logos
Warning messages and directional markings can enhance the safety of your products. Safeguard can embed text, symbols, or graphics into the anti-slip surface. Glow-in-the-dark messages are visible after dark and during power outages.
How to Apply Gritting to Your Parts
- Supply material or have Safeguard procure parts to your specification
- Grade / Grit
- Safety Markings & Logos
Send your parts or technical specs and Safeguard will apply anti-slip coating.
- Supply material (or have Safeguard procure parts to your specification)
- Safety markings and logos