Commercial/Industrial B2B Sales Representative
If you are the Sales Manager we are looking for, you will be a Leader, driven with a history of success, great at business development and selling solutions in a B2B environment.
You will be responsible for growing our business by prospecting and developing new buyers in existing target markets (Transportation, OEMs, Commercial, Residential, Construction, Industrial and Upstream/Downstream Oil & Gas) as well as new markets. You will be afforded the opportunity to manage your own territory. You will take timely action to follow up on leads generated by our marketing strategies and you will be able to work cooperatively with our independent multi-line distributors to serve the needs of our common customers. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team that provides solutions that ensure the safety and welfare of others while offering personal growth and advancement opportunities.
You will be expected to achieve great results. You will help design and configure custom solutions to key decision makers and influencers in a range of complex buying processes. You will leverage your relationship building skills across multiple departments responsible for safety, engineering, facility design/architecture, facility maintenance and regulatory compliance.
Safeguard Technology, Inc. is a privately held, entrepreneurial Company that has been providing custom, lifesaving Antislip solutions for over 25 years in some of the most extreme environments on the planet. We are located in Streetsboro, Ohio, and service customers around the world in a broad range of industries.
We offer an unlimited opportunity to develop your skills in a variety of areas with a proven product that is needed and used by customers in a broad range of applications globally. Your creativity and problem-solving skills will drive the solutions to address each customer’s challenges. We offer competitive compensation geared toward your individual performance.
What you will do:
- Maximize sales potential in assigned market(s) and regions through competitive sales techniques and knowledge of the Company’s products and services as well as the competitions.
- Plan a daily call routine and account penetration to ensure appropriate coverage of key accounts given sales time allocation, sales potential, geographical location, development of sales process, etc.
- Build, monitor, and orchestrate a sales pipeline to ensure continuous population of near to long term opportunities; manage the size, shape and quality of pipeline; analyze overall win rates and win/loss ratios.
- Maintain all administrative duties, including sales reporting, forecasting and expense management in areas of responsibility.
- Complete and submit sales reports each month on account activity, outstanding Quotations, Quotations secured, and Quotations lost with complete documentation.
- Strategic Domestic Travel required (~ 20%).
Who you are:
- Can demonstrate consultative selling skills to uncover customer strategy and present value proposition including financial and competitive advantages
- Has ability to interact at all levels of corporate ladder within Fortune 500 accounts
- Has experience with commercial/industrial B2B sales
- Has experience managing distributors and/or indirect sales chains
- Has high energy level and comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to day activities
- Is resourceful, well organized and highly dependable
Job Type: Full-time
Sales Support/Customer Service
Provide administrative support to all domestic and international Sales Representatives and our Marketing Specialist. Process orders in ERP system and manage internal processes thru proper channels as well as maintaining customer CRM database, updates to Company websites and all social media platforms. Take incoming calls, build customer relationships and be responsible for excellent customer service in a professional manner.
What you will do:
- Provide inside sales support by making outbound sales phone calls; conducting follow-up on open quotations and customer satisfaction surveys while soliciting additional business through upselling techniques
- Conduct research as necessary for Marketing campaigns, newsletters, blogs, technical papers and distributor support
- Post to Social Media and Website
- Coordinate all aspects of trade shows
- Support Marketing and Sales responses to customer leads received from trade shows and advertisements
- Reply to customer inquiries regarding order status, invoice copies, shipment status and tracking information
- Review incoming purchase orders to ensure necessary information is present and accurate to process work order. Compare purchase orders with quotations and alert Sales Rep of inconsistencies
- Travel occasionally,< 10%, for customer/vendor visits and conferences/trade shows
- College preferred but not required. Previous customer service experience and MS office proficiency a must. Ability to work in team environment, have strong communication skills and work with minimal supervision. Safeguard offers free vision and dental coverage, generous PTO, Short-term disability and 401(k) match
Job Type: Full-time