Create a Safe Pedestrian Walkway over Pipes and Cables
Avoid slips, trips, and falls caused by exposed wires, cables, pipes, and conduit. Use our rugged Hi-Traction® Pipe & Cable Covers to provide a nonslip safety bridge for foot traffic over these areas.
- Durable anti-slip surface
- Lightweight and cost-effective
- Impact and corrosion resistant
- 1/8″ Pultruded Fiberglass (FRP)
Lightweight, Impact Resistant, Cost-Effective
- Pipe & Cable Covers are sized in 20″ widths
- Choose from standard 24″, 36″, 48″, and 60″ lengths
- Custom lengths to maximum 10′
- The channel under the cover spans 3″ high and wide
Six Grit Options
- Super Coarse (Xtreme™)- For most severe conditions, messaging not available
- Extra Coarse (Offshore)
- Coarse (Industrial)
- Fine (Commercial)
- Extra Fine (Residential)
- Super Fine (Barefoot)
See the Difference for Yourself
Request a free sample below to compare grit sizes.
Standard Pipe & Cable Cover Colors
Manufactured in Safety Yellow with a Black edging configuration. The contrast in colors creates additional visibility and awareness.
Choose from a variety of colors, including "glow-in-the-dark," or include descriptive messaging like, “Watch Your Step” for added safety.
SAFEGUARD® Color Options
Standard and Safety Colors
Use for a variety of industrial and safety applications. Color and markings can be used to attract attention, designate caution, and communicate safety information.
Our Premium color palette provides architects, facilities managers, and home owners with additional contemporary color choices for safety applications. These designer colors fit the aesthetic requirements for anti-slip protection at schools, commercial offices, institutional buildings, hotels and personal residences.
In darkness or a power outage, HiGlo-Traction Photoluminescent colors highlight the way.
Two-Tone Color Configurations Add Visibility
A contrasting color on the perimeter of a Pipe & Cable Cover designates a change in surface texture or signifies a safe walking zone. The contrast provides good definition and clear visibility for added awareness.
The colors on this web page serve only as a visual guide for initial selection of color. Actual finished product color may vary slightly from the version shown on your monitor based on grit size (coarseness) as well as the base material of construction. To see the actual color, please request a product sample.
Warning messages, text, and logo graphics can be embedded into Safeguard® Pipe & Cable Covers to last for the life of the product. We can even match your color.
Combined with a Photoluminescent “Glow-in-the-Dark” background, the message is visible after dark and during power outages to provide safe egress/ingress during emergency evacuations.
Our Pipe & Cable covers are custom manufactured in the USA to meet your application requirements. Contact us with any questions. Or, use the buttons below to request a sample or more information about our products.
Contact us with any questions, request a sample, or get more information about our products below.
Pipe & Cable Covers are easy to install over wood, steel, and concrete. Find instructions below for the appropriate substrate and method.
Pipe & Cable Covers Installation
- Prior to drilling, determine placement for the cover.
- Do your covers have pre-drilled holes? Then skip to STEP #7.
- If your Pipe & Cable Cover does not have pre-drilled holes, position the cover over the substrate, pipe and/or cable and determine the desired location for the screws.
- We recommend that pre-drilled holes be at least 1” in from the edge of the covers to avoid fracturing the fiberglass.
- Once the position of the drill holes is determined, mark the underside of the cover with a Sharpie™or dark permanent marker.
- Using the appropriate sized drill bit from the Drill Bit Chart, pre-drill the holes into the underside of your cover using the markings you created.
Screw/Bolt Size Drill bit size required #8 x 1″ screw 7/32″ diameter drill bit #10 x 1-1/2″ screw 9/32″ diameter drill bit 1/4″ bolt 3/8″ diameter drill bit
- Re-align your Pipe & Cable Cover with the pre-drilled holes in the precise position you want the cover installed.
- (Pilot Holes) - Place a marking device in the pre-drilled hole and mark the substrate accordingly.
- Remove the Pipe & Cable Cover.
- Now drill the pilot holes into the marked area on the substrate to the appropriate depth indicated in the pilot hole depth instructions.
Pilot Hole Depth
- Drill to the depth of the plastic sleeve used with the masonry fastener. NOTE: If using Tapcon®, follow the manufacturer’s recommended instructions.
- Drill all the way through the steel or as deep as possible.
- Not necessary. If preferred, drill just to the depth of the screw being used.
- Steel/Fiberglass Grating
- Using a brush, broom, or ShopVac™, remove the dust and debris caused by the drilling.
- If using masonry fasteners, once the surface is clear of dust and debris, insert the plastic sleeve into the pilot hole. The top of the insert sleeve should sit flush with the top of the pilot hole.
- Place the Pipe & Cable Cover over the substrate taking care to align the pre-drilled holes precisely with the pilot holes.
- Insert the appropriate screw and turn until a tight fit/seal is achieved. Warning- Do Not Over Torque!
Reduce the speed of your pneumatic air tools to prevent thread galling and bolt snapping while installing saddle clips.
We recommend using a #2 Phillips screwdriver or adaptor when installing to avoid head stripping.
The use of a thread lubricant is also recommended to reduce heat and assist in a smooth installation of this product.